By Jeremy Ramsden
Applied Nanotechnology takes an built-in method of the clinical, advertisement and social facets of nanotechnology, exploring:
- The dating among nanotechnology and innovation
- The altering economics and company versions required to commercialize ideas in nanotechnology
- Product layout case experiences
- Applications in a number of sectors, together with info know-how, composite fabrics, power, and agriculture
- The function of presidency in selling nanotechnology
- The strength way forward for molecular self-assembly in commercial production
In this 2e, new chapters were extra on strength functions and the function of nanotechnology in sustainability. The part at the defense of nanoproducts has additionally been up to date, and fabric on investment and commercialization has been up-to-date and improved, with new case reports illustrating the adventure of recent startups in a tough fiscal environment.
- A direction map for the commercialization of nanotechnology research
- Discusses product layout demanding situations, regulatory matters, and moral and social implications of nanotechnology
- Features new case reviews on nanotechnology startups in demanding financial times
Read or Download Applied Nanotechnology: The Conversion of Research Results to Products (Micro and Nano Technologies) PDF
Similar nanotechnology & mems books
Colloidal structures ensue everywhere—in soils, seawater, meals, prescription drugs, paints, blood, organic cells, and microorganisms. Colloids and Interfaces in existence Sciences and Bionanotechnology, moment Edition, gives a concise therapy of physicochemical ideas picking interrelated colloidal and interfacial phenomena.
Lots of Room on the backside is the author’s humble accolade to Prof. Richard Feynman, whose pioneering proposal may perhaps usher a brand new path in smooth technology and identify a paradigm of latest technology—the Nanotechnology! The booklet provides advancements within the box via evidence and figures, now not as a technology textual content, yet as an emotive account to non-experts who continuously wish to comprehend the most recent approximately technology and know-how.
This ebook is meant for use through fabrics and gadget physicists and likewise sunlight cells researchers. It versions the functionality features of nanostructured sun cells and resolves the dynamics of transitions among numerous degrees of those units. a great perception into the actual behaviour of those units is supplied, which enhances experimental paintings.
This publication investigates the habit of sunshine (light pulse) in the micro- and nano-scale machine (ring resonator), that are built-in to shape the machine, circuits, and platforms that may be used for atom/molecule trapping and transportation, optical transistor, quickly calculation units (optical gate), nanoscale communique and networks, and effort garage, and so forth.
- One-Dimensional Nanostructures: Principles and Applications
- Advances in Regenerative Medicine: Role of Nanotechnology, and Engineering Principles (NATO Science for Peace and Security Series A: Chemistry and Biology)
- Mems for Automotive and Aerospace Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials)
- Microwaves in Nanoparticle Synthesis: Fundamentals and Applications
- Powder Sampling and Particle Size Determination
- Nanoelectronics: Quantum Engineering of Low-Dimensional Nanoensembles
Extra info for Applied Nanotechnology: The Conversion of Research Results to Products (Micro and Nano Technologies)